Meteorologically, today is the first day of spring, and, in Chinese medicine, this season relates to the Wood Element. Spring began even earlier on the 4th of February this year in the Chinese calendar, so it’s the perfect time to support this energetic change.
The seasons are intrinsic to Five Element acupuncture, which is why I recommend a seasonal tune-up treatment.
We can check in on the Wood Element’s Liver and Gall Bladder meridians at this time of year. Focussing on our overall balance may help strengthen us as we move forward.
So, schedule your seasonal Five Element Acupuncture treatment today to help smooth the transition as the Yang rises.
And in the meantime, here are six tips to help you work in harmony with this season.
- Stretch: Maintain tendon flexibility. Try yoga or tai chi.
- Eat green: Add in foods that spring from the ground.
- Get outside: Take in the fresh air.
- Declutter: Make room for new ideas.
- Let go: Release the past to spring forward.
- Taste sour: Include the flavour of the Wood Element in your diet.